In The Reinvention Issue of Tracy Anderson Magazine, we feature 46 original recipes to rejuvenate our diets this spring. Tracy collaborated closely with Chef Alexander Browne and Director of Higher Nutrition Sandra Rojo to put creative twists on classic flavor combinations. Every recipe is designed with a unique nutrient profile, tailored to optimize your whole-body wellness one meal at a time.
This week, we’re spotlighting the Green Cauliflower Rice with Tamari Lemon Dressing. This recipe is unique in that it’s super hearty and filling, while also being a cleansing detox. Topped with beautiful fresh herbs, this is not your typical rice dish—it’s a burgeoning spring garden on your plate. The zingy balance of spices and seasonings adds a burst of flavor to every bite.
Here’s the breakdown for this Green Cauliflower Rice with Tamari Lemon Dressing:
- It’s 100% vegan and gluten free.
- The ingredients are super detoxifying.
- Most of the ingredients are raw—perfect to enjoy fresh spring flavors.
Love Your Liver
It’s time for spring cleaning, and that applies to our bodies as well. A good cleanse can be the perfect reset you need to enjoy total-body health this spring and summer. “This recipe is all about nourishment for the liver,” says Functional Nutritionist Olivia Peláez, MS, FMCHC. “Sulfur-rich vegetables, like cauliflower, are great ways to support healthy liver detoxification.” Sulfur boosts our bodies’ production of glutathione, which is an antioxidant that has many benefits, including liver disease prevention.
Cilantro is also a powerful chelating agent that promotes detoxification. Specifically, studies show that it can help remove heavy metals from the body, which can be toxic for both our health and the environment.
Go Nuts With Nutrients
Nuts are an excellent addition to any dish, especially for vegan and vegetarian diets. Pistachios are considered among the most antioxidant-rich nuts, and are super high in protein and fiber. They’re also high in lutein and zeaxanthin, both of which promote eye health. This is what we’re all about: whole-body wellness, from head to toe.
Keep reading for the full recipe, and enjoy the full collection of healthy recipes in the latest issue of Tracy Anderson Magazine, available now in digital and for print orders.
Green Cauliflower Rice with Tamari Lemon Dressing
For the rice:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup raw pistachio
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- Salt to taste
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 4½ Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp mint, chopped
- 3 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp basil, chopped
For the rice:
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces. Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it reaches a rice-like consistency.
- In a large sauté pan, heat on medium high with olive oil. Once oil is shimmering, add the cauliflower rice evenly in the pan, and cook until the cauliflower is a nice brown color (45-60 seconds).
- Stir the rice and cook for another 20 seconds. Note: Overcooking the rice will turn it to mush. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of your ingredients. Mix well with desired amount of dressing. Serve with a drizzle of dressing and garnish with fresh herbs.
For the dressing:
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except for the olive oil. Whisk together while gently pouring in olive oil. Place in the fridge and save for later.
For more recipes, pick up the latest issue of Tracy Anderson Magazine, available on tracyanderson.com.
Categorized under Recipes