This recipe originally appeared in the Fall 2021 issue of Tracy Anderson Magazine, available now on newsstands and for digital download.
This Gingery Leek and Potato Soup recipe is one of Chef Sean Patrick Gallagher’s favorites, and it has everything to do with its powerhouse ingredient: ginger.
“Ginger adds a different flavor to a classic soup—all vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free,” says Gallagher, who created all the recipes featured in the Fall 2021 issue of Tracy Anderson Magazine.
Ready to whip up this seasonal soup? Keep reading for the full recipe, and share your culinary creation with us by tagging @tracyandersonkitchen on Instagram.
Gingery Leek and Potato Soup
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 3 large leeks, green parts removed, cut in half and soaked in water to remove sand, then sliced into rounds
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2-inch knob ginger, finely grated
- 6 medium-size Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
- ½ bunch fresh chives, finely cut (for garnish)
- In a large pot, add avocado oil and heat over medium high, add leeks, garlic, and ginger. Cook until softened, about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often.
- Add potatoes and vegetable stock, season with salt and pepper, then simmer gently until potatoes are soft and fall apart (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, then adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls, then swirl in vegan sour cream and top with fresh chives for garnish.
For more recipes, pick up the latest issue of Tracy Anderson Magazine, available on newsstands now and on tracyanderson.com.
Categorized under Recipes