Salads have a bad reputation for being boring and bland. This Shaved Zucchini and Yellow Squash Salad, however, is anything but.
Created by Tracy Anderson and Chef Alexander Browne along with Sandra Rojo, our intrepid Food Creative Editor, for The Wonderland Issue of Tracy Anderson Magazine, this easy-to-make recipe is packed with fresh, good-for-you ingredients such as the titular zucchini and squash, as well as basil and tarragon. It makes healthy eating easy and something to look forward to, as emphasized by Tracy in her featured essay.
“I firmly believe that you must have a choice in what you reach for to nourish yourself, or you are sacrificing a primal, guttural tool you need to survive and thrive,” Tracy writes in an essay that precedes all 50+ nutrimental recipes in The Wonderland Issue.
Welcome nourishment into your daily life with this recipe, below.
Shaved Zucchini and Yellow Squash Salad
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 Tbsp chopped tarragon
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- Wash and trim ends of zucchini and squash. Shave into thin rounds using a mandolin. Place in a large bowl and add tarragon and basil.
- Zest the lemon and then juice it. Add to a small bowl and combine with olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Toss shaved veggies with the dressing. Serve and garnish with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts.