This Spiced Sweet Potato and Apple Purée recipe originally appeared in the Winter 2022 issue of Tracy Anderson Magazine, available now for digital download and print orders.
Life isn’t easy, but that doesn’t mean your recipes need to follow suit. This Spiced Sweet Potato and Apple Purée—created by Tracy Anderson and Chef Alexander Browne along with Creative Food Editor, Sandra Rojo, for The Wonderland Issue of Tracy Anderson Magazine—is the epitome of smooth thanks to its melt-in-your-mouth texture. Plus, it can be whipped up in less than an hour and calls for ingredients you may already have in your kitchen.
How’s that for easy?
Spiced Sweet Potato and Apple Purée
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 green apples, diced
- 1-inch fresh ginger, minced or grinded
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat, then add onion and salt. Cook until translucent (about 5 minutes), and add apples and ginger. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add spices and sauté until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Pour in vinegar and stir.
Add sweet potatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender (30 to 40 minutes).
- Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor in batches. Pulse until smooth. Taste and season to taste. Add water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
For more recipes, pick up the latest issue of Tracy Anderson Magazine, available on tracyanderson.com.
Categorized under Recipes